You’ve met us, now meet our van. When we were searching for something to buy for our conversion project plan, we had a couple of criteria that we had defined based on some research.
- Something big enough to sleep in
- Something that could have a kitchen area
- Decent gas mileage
- Preferably listed through a dealership so we could handle financing easier (more on this point later)
- Under $25,000
- Under 100,000 miles
- 5-10 years old
Sounds easy enough. So we searched.
Not quite as easy as we had initially hoped. It wasn’t until we discovered CarGurus.com that it became clear we were going to be able to actually find something that met all of the criteria. We FINALLY found something in Raleigh, NC that seemed to be everything we had hoped for. We called the dealership to confirm it was still available, then drove down Saturday, August 11, 2018. We drove back with our first ‘home’.
P.S. – I love driving this van. I can see over everything!
- 2017 Ram Promaster
- 57,000 miles
- 159″ wheelbase
- 236″ length
- 99.4″ tall
- 4,400 payload
- 76″ interior height
- 75.6″ interior width
- 55″ interior width at wheel well
- Averaging 20-25 mpg on the highway